Monday 30 November 2015

Winter blues.

Encore une fois, ca fait dont ben long-temps!

This month has been quite tough and I’ve been feeling home sick à plusieurs reprises. I’m assuming it’s just because it’s the last day of November, and the holidays are just around the corner, meaning home time. Let’s not forget it is indeed the very first time I’ve been away for such a long time, and by away I mean 3,100 miles away.

Before jetting off abroad, the study abroad office did warn us about this roller coaster of emotions. The sudden euphoria once we arrived, then the feeling of nostalgia, and finally a more stable feeling. I’m probably on the emotional part of the roller coaster. Fantastic.

Classes aren’t going amazingly well either. The two educational systems are completely opposite to one another, so I mean it’s difficult to suddenly change habits that have been engraved within me. Also, my brain cannot seem to be accepting the fact that I am here to study, and not for a holiday. Although to be completely truthful, that is kind of how I’ve been living. Motivation also seems to have taken it’s own holiday. Zero of that these days.

I don’t want to bore you with complaints, but clearly that's the direction this blog is taking. I do think it’s normal to miss my life, yes, quite depressing. I absolutely enjoy living out so much, and if I had the money, I could definitely see myself living out in London. It's just being so far away, and alone gets to me. But, the blog helps, I guess you could call it a modern day diary. My flatmates are also definitely are a big reason as to why I do not stay curled up in bed 24/7, and even if I decide I can't go on with the day, they’re always here. Definitely appreciative!

Exams seem to be never ending here. My finals are this week and the next, so not really excited. I feel like I've just finished exams too. Clearly they don’t like the idea of breaks here.

Other than that, I have a few things lined up before I leave for the holidays. Can’t wait to show you all. For now, here are a few random things I’ve been up too.

Parlement de Québec, visited the inside on a trip
Here's the inside 
What we get up to on our Friday night
Red Bull Crashed Ice




I am so excited for Christmas in London, and of course even more excited to finally see some of my favourite people. If they haven't forgotten me of course.

Cannot believe it is almost 2016 too.


Bisous.

No comments:

Post a Comment