Thursday 8 October 2015

Probably one of the best things about Quebec...

Right, I’m not going to start off by telling you about one of my favourite things here… That would just be spoiling the entire blog. But I do apologise beforehand for the excitement that is to come.

But I will start off by telling you about the lovely day I had spent with two of my good friends here. We decided to do some exploring mid September, and take the traversier (otherwise known as the ferry) to the other side of Vieux Quebec, a small city called Lévis. My friends and I had never been up there before and I had been told about this wonderful place that we could find… And so of course, without hesitation it was my mission to find this wonderful place.

It was both incredibly easy and cheap to travel up to Lévis from Vieux Quebec, it is only a ten-minute journey as both cities are located so close to one another. It was only $3.50 too! Once we had disembarked, we met up with my buddy who lives in Lévis (as many other students do) and she offered to show us around. They are currently undergoing a lot of construction and apparently, it is much easier to move around by foot here. But I was really concerned with this, as the entire city seems to be on an upward hill, the more you progress, the higher up you are. Thankfully, my buddy’s mother brought us up by car, saving us from breaking a sweat. We begun from the top, and descended whilst passing through the towns charming architecture, and gorgeous houses that overlook the river St Lawrence and Vieux Quebec. Lucky people.



College de Levis (this is a secondary school!)

So after having walked a little, we finally stopped at CHOCOLAT FAVORIS. I had not only heard about this place about three hundred times, but I had seen pictures of it everywhere on my Instagram. Who ever knows me, knows chocolate is my best friend and so this was the place for me. The concept is rather simple really, you choose your ice cream flavour, the size you want, and what chocolate flavoured dip you want. They then dip the ice cream upside down; in the dip you had chosen, allowing the warm chocolate to freeze up. (Oh, you can also choose toppings, but I decided to keep it simple).
Oh my God. I did not expect it to be as good as it was. I am not exaggerating.
Beyond words I tell you.
If you ever visit Quebec, you absolutely have to try it, the one in Lévis is exceptional as it was the first establishment and to this day, remains a charmingly cute Canadian maison.

Chocolat Favoris




We then returned to Vieux Quebec by ferry, and it was now rather dark- this gave us a beautiful view of Vieux, with the cities lights glowing. It was especially animated that evening, as it was the nuit des galleries- an event promoting the cities creativity and art.
We finally ended the evening with a yummy poutine.





Poutine!

4 comments:

  1. Wow very great place Levis and that ice cream deep on the chocolate my god my favorite one what about that food you have on the table you didn't tell us about it look yummy anyway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. La Poutine! It is a Canadian dish that originates from Quebec, and consists of chips/french fries covered in a gravy sauce, and topped with cheese curds. Absolutely delicious, you can find it anywhere here, even at McDonalds!

      Delete